Sunny day today. I decided to revisit the Kawasaki station. The first day I got here in Japan, I bought my hairdryer at Bic Camera here. I will be telling you more about that place in a moment.



I would like to take a minute to tell you a little more about the trains in Japan. There are certain cars that have this sign on it which means the A/C in the car is weaker. For some reason Japanese seem to prefer the heat more than the cold. Being in one of those trains especially during rush hour is nearly a suffocating experience. What’s funny is even on the streets, people would be wearing thin jackets and long pants even on a very hot summer day…




I would like to take a minute to tell you a little more about the trains in Japan. There are certain cars that have this sign on it which means the A/C in the car is weaker. For some reason Japanese seem to prefer the heat more than the cold. Being in one of those trains especially during rush hour is nearly a suffocating experience. What’s funny is even on the streets, people would be wearing thin jackets and long pants even on a very hot summer day…




So I arrived at the Kawasaki station and went into Lazona which was a multi-story shopping complex with many stores and restaurants. In the middle is an area with a big open space and a small fountain.


You can either walk around the outside, or inside the shopping mall.

While I was outside, the Evangelion movie poster caught my eye. As you may recall Neon Genesis Evangelion is my FAVOURITE anime. The poster was about the new version of the movie that has come out. I must see it some time soon. 


It was late and I haven’t had lunch yet. Luckily there are restaurants all over the place. I walked around and looked at the different restaurants around. I was trying to find something that I haven’t had yet, so I went right into this Soba restaurant Kanou-Ya when I saw it. I ordered a shrimp tempura over rice with soba.




The tempura was very good. The batter didn’t taste oily at all and the shrimp was large, crunchy and very fresh. The soba was cooked just right, done well but still has some chewy texture to it and it didn’t taste soggy.





After finish eating, I headed to the super large “electronic and everything else” store Bic Camera. Last time I didn’t realize that it had 4 stories, not only was it multiple stories each floor was huge, and this time I had enough time to tour the whole place. They had everything from computers and iPods, to golf clubs, toys and food. It was like (Best Buy + CompUSA + Circuit City) X 4.

Once again I run into these amazingly and amusingly expensive rice cookers. Of course the most expensive one I’ve seen to date was 69,800 yen h was actually closer to US$600 as US$1 = about 116 yen now. Then I saw these cookers at 79,800 yen – surprise surprise… I had to take a picture.

Then I walked around the corner and saw one at 80,300 yen which is astronomical to me! Gotta take a pic! No wonder the rice here just somehow tastes better…

THEN I was like OMFG when I saw THE MOST EXPENSIVE RICE COOKER TO DATE – 99,800 YEN!!!! (US $860!!!) It was a Sanyo 5.5L cooker. Rice MUST be growing out of that little pot for it to cost that much… outrageous… I want to try the rice that was cooked in that rice cooker to see if it is really worth that much. I guess there’s always a way to spend money here huh?

Oh and I did see this small small oven for 148,000 yen. This is actually a great deal as it’s at least twice the size of that 100,000 yen rice cooker…

Then I went to my favorite toy section. There were rows of these electric Tomica trains that I used to love when I was young. I’ve always wanted to build an empire of cars and trains moving around in the living room hahaha…

They also had these remastered classic Transformer toys. 1st gen Megatron here.


And so after seeing the posters, I saw the new version of the toys for Evangelion. I had the old version already, but I am still tempted to buy this one even though the only difference is the box… It did seem like there were a few more weapons and accessories included in this new one….. argh!! I’m gonna buy the whole Japan!!!

Then I walked by HMV and realized that Ayumi Hamasaki’s new single talkin’ to myself was released today. One more thing to add to my download list muhahahaha…

I then went to Loft and the Ultraman Store to look around for a few minutes… (OK! It was more than a few minutes!)

Before I left, I took a few pictures of good ‘ole Kawasaki. I don’t know if you’ve realized but I have made the pictures a little larger since my last post so it might be easier for you to see them.


At night we went to a restaurant near the train station. The menu was great as it was all in pictures even though there was no English at all. My friend ordered Tonkatsu and I ordered this set with a few pieces of Sashimi over rice, cold udon and tempura.






It was late and I haven’t had lunch yet. Luckily there are restaurants all over the place. I walked around and looked at the different restaurants around. I was trying to find something that I haven’t had yet, so I went right into this Soba restaurant Kanou-Ya when I saw it. I ordered a shrimp tempura over rice with soba.





The tempura was very good. The batter didn’t taste oily at all and the shrimp was large, crunchy and very fresh. The soba was cooked just right, done well but still has some chewy texture to it and it didn’t taste soggy.






After finish eating, I headed to the super large “electronic and everything else” store Bic Camera. Last time I didn’t realize that it had 4 stories, not only was it multiple stories each floor was huge, and this time I had enough time to tour the whole place. They had everything from computers and iPods, to golf clubs, toys and food. It was like (Best Buy + CompUSA + Circuit City) X 4.

Once again I run into these amazingly and amusingly expensive rice cookers. Of course the most expensive one I’ve seen to date was 69,800 yen h was actually closer to US$600 as US$1 = about 116 yen now. Then I saw these cookers at 79,800 yen – surprise surprise… I had to take a picture.


Then I walked around the corner and saw one at 80,300 yen which is astronomical to me! Gotta take a pic! No wonder the rice here just somehow tastes better…

THEN I was like OMFG when I saw THE MOST EXPENSIVE RICE COOKER TO DATE – 99,800 YEN!!!! (US $860!!!) It was a Sanyo 5.5L cooker. Rice MUST be growing out of that little pot for it to cost that much… outrageous… I want to try the rice that was cooked in that rice cooker to see if it is really worth that much. I guess there’s always a way to spend money here huh?

Oh and I did see this small small oven for 148,000 yen. This is actually a great deal as it’s at least twice the size of that 100,000 yen rice cooker…

Then I went to my favorite toy section. There were rows of these electric Tomica trains that I used to love when I was young. I’ve always wanted to build an empire of cars and trains moving around in the living room hahaha…

They also had these remastered classic Transformer toys. 1st gen Megatron here.


And so after seeing the posters, I saw the new version of the toys for Evangelion. I had the old version already, but I am still tempted to buy this one even though the only difference is the box… It did seem like there were a few more weapons and accessories included in this new one….. argh!! I’m gonna buy the whole Japan!!!

Then I walked by HMV and realized that Ayumi Hamasaki’s new single talkin’ to myself was released today. One more thing to add to my download list muhahahaha…


I then went to Loft and the Ultraman Store to look around for a few minutes… (OK! It was more than a few minutes!)


Before I left, I took a few pictures of good ‘ole Kawasaki. I don’t know if you’ve realized but I have made the pictures a little larger since my last post so it might be easier for you to see them.



At night we went to a restaurant near the train station. The menu was great as it was all in pictures even though there was no English at all. My friend ordered Tonkatsu and I ordered this set with a few pieces of Sashimi over rice, cold udon and tempura.





No comments:
Post a Comment