Saturday, September 22, 2007

12th day - more shopping in harajuku

Today I set out to finish up my shopping in Harajuku before I return to HK. It’s Saturday and my friend was at home sleeping and said would meet me when he wakes up. I got out of the station and walked past a huge crowd in front of Gap. Of course since I had nothing better to do, I went to see what was happening.

All I saw were people holding up their cameras and cell phones, trying to take pictures of an obvious celebrity. I don’t even know who she is. But I took my camera out and like everyone else started snapping pictures. I still have no idea who she is now. I have a few pictures of her though LOL.

After I left I crossed the streets and saw the first redesigned Impreza I have seen on the street and quickly snapped a quick photo of it. I then went to Burberry Blue Label and then I strolled around the side streets again.

I came across Marc by Marc Jacobs and went in to take a quick look. Not only did they have a very very small collection – about 1 rack full – the prices were once again outrageous. I left and found my way to APC, but didn’t see anything I liked either. When I walked out, I saw quite a large crowd in the shop across from it, so I decided to check out, and was so glad that I did.

It was the Porter store where they sold Japanese bags with very simple designs. People in HK go crazy over them so I went in and picked up a few things for gifts. It was funny how they didn’t even have a sign out with the name of the shop though…

I then came across this mall right next to D&G that I wasn’t able to check out last time, so I went in and was surprised by how nicely it was designed. There were about 8 stories of shops and the walkway is slopped and connects each floor so that you don’t have to go up or down any stairs to get to the next level. If you want to go up or down quickly you could take the escalators at one end of the building.

I haven’t had lunch yet so I was quite hungry, so I stopped by the Art Café in the shopping mall. The menu did have a limited number of food items. I did want have an iced milk tea, but they didn’t have it on the menu, so I ordered an





Iced Vienna Chocolate and a




Shrimp and Boiled Egg Croissant. It took a very long time before the drink came and even longer for the sandwich. They had more than enough time to catch the shrimp, grow the lettuce and hatch the egg.




It did taste pretty good though, and the iced chocolate was very rich. My friend arrived and joined me and he ordered a









Blood Orange Juice which was essentially orange juice and grapefruit juice mixed together. I was still hungry so I ordered a








Chocolate Damand which was like a cream puff with chocolate chips and chocolate + vanilla custard inside served with fresh whipped cream on the side. It did take a long time before it arrived, but at least it came warm.

After I was done, we went to the special UniQuo shop which sold many special Ts and they were all packaged in a cylindrical container displayed on a rack with LED displays. There were quite a few people there since it was a Saturday and it was difficult to take pictures of it haha…

It was then dinner time and I was still hungry from my minuscule “long-awaited” shrimp sandwich so we walked by an Italian Tomato Junior Café and decided to give it a try. There is actually an Italian Tomato in HK but they are only a counter at department stores that sell cakes.

It was fast food style and we ordered Peach flavored iced tea,

Seafood Spaghetti,

Mixed Pizza

And Pesto Pasta with Bacon. The food wasn’t bad at all considering it being a fast food place, but since there were no seats in the non-smoking section, we were smoked like crazy in the smoking section upstairs so we quickly finished and left.

Before we went home, we walked down the side streets for a little while. It was actually a bit nicer at night since the sun isn’t baking and beating on you every second.

On the train ride home, the screen on the train displayed an accident on some other train line and I felt that I needed to take a picture of it.






And yes this is my shopping spree!

No comments: