Monday, September 17, 2007

7th Day - Costco Day!

First I have to apologize that the pics are not as clear as they normally are as I forgot to bring my regular camera today. But at least I had my camera phone with me…

It is a lazy day again and I didn’t wake up till 2pm (typical me). My friend and I had Cup n’ Noodles and we bought Sushi for lunch. Then at about 3pm, we headed off to Costco with a bunch of his floor-mates and co-workers.

We took the train for a couple stops and then got on a taxi to get there. The layout is almost exactly the same as the US version. Same size, which was surprising since most Japanese stores are much smaller. It was even weirder that they would actually accept your US membership card!

When you walk in the bright warehouse, just like in the US, the first section you see is the TV and computer section. Then on the 2 sides are shelves of things while in the middle you have clothes, books and some larger items. All the way in the back you still have the same bakery selling pretty much the same things like muffins and cookies. And the frozen section is pretty much the same also selling meats and seafood.

Near the checkout you still have the cooked food section and they seem to be serving the same stuff like hot dogs and pizza. The best deal is the soft drinks. For 84 Yen, you get unlimited refills. I was quite thirsty, so despite the fact that I normally don’t drink soft drinks that often, I got one.

First I got a Hi-C orange drink, but it was way too sweet (maybe they forgot the carbonation?), so I dunked it and went to get a Coke instead.

My friend bought a few daily necessities like paper towels and toothpaste which was cheaper then if you bought it elsewhere. The 8 of us filled up 3 carts and we had most of the stuff delivered. It was about 500 Yen per box to have it delivered and we had 3 boxes. Not bad for not having to carry it all home yourself.

We stuck around a little to have dinner there. My friend and I shared a Citrus Shrimp Salad that we got for dinner. Same size as in the US luckily. It tasted similar also. It was about 1,100 yen.


Since we were sort of in the middle of no-where and there were no taxis around, we caught a bus right in front and headed home.

No comments: