Thursday, September 13, 2007

Third Day Part II

We planned to meet at the Akihabara station where all the electronic stores were. I was early so I wandered around the place and found posters of my favorite anime – Neon Genesis Evangelion!!!!! Though it’s a very old series, people still love it. I tried to read the poster and it pointed to a shop around the corner.

I walked to it and realized it was actually a Japanese pinball place. But since I can’t read the Japanese at the store front, I thought it was a toy store. But down the street from the pinball place there were quite a few stores that sold Evangelion toys as well as Gundam models. My friend was close and it was sort of late, so I went to the train station to meet up with him.

We then went to a building a block away which was a 5-story electronic shop. Sofmap was the name of the store. There were different things on every floor. From mobile phones, electronic dictionaries on the first floor, computers and printers on the third, to all the different game consoles, refrigerators, washing machines etc on the top floors.

Then we came across these rice cookers which looked very nice. This one that I took a picture of was 69,800 yen!!! Which I think is about US$700 for a rice cooker!!! I’d better be able to grow rice out of it… After that we went to a local sandwich shop to eat and then went home. I carried my headache with me the whole day…

No comments: