Today was a busy day. For lunch, we went to a Chinese Dim Sum restaurant near our house that I went to every weekend when I was young. It was great to go back to places that I used to go to. What was even more surprising was that the waitresses were still the same after over 10 years. They still recognized my parents. 


They mainly serve Dim Sum for lunch and they served regular dishes for dinner.
We ordered Har Gao (Shrimp Dumpling) with Bird’s Nest
Vegetarian Spring Rolls with Taro Root and Mushrooms
Spring Onion Balls
Char Siu Bao (Pork Buns)
Steamed Sticky Rice with Chicken
Pan Fried Cheung Fun (Rice Noodles)
Steamed Radish Cake
And Siu Mai with Sharks Fin 






After Lunch I had to rush to meet my old tutor over at a Starbucks in Central at 2pm. I took the number 1 Bus there which is right around the corner. I used to take this bus with my grandmother all the time when I was in Primary school. She would pick me up sometimes.

It’s funny how I don’t ever go to Starbucks in the US and I’m going to one here in HK. I ordered a Iced-Chocolate and we sat there will about 4pm.

Then I met up with my old friend and another friend’s younger brother at a Chinese cafĂ© nearby and they had (I was sort of still full from lunch)
Ham & Egg Sandwich
Hot Milk Tea
And Macau Style Pork Sandwich


After we were done, we took the tram (notice I’ve been on all sorts of public transportation) to the Wan Chai Computer Center nearby so I could help my dad buy a 250GB portable hard drive and a 4GB memory stick for his camera.

After that, I parted with my friend for now and my parents picked me up in a taxi and we went to Central again to look at cell phones. However they were not able to decided on one, so I spent the rest of the time looking at Dior Homme at Landmark.

Then we walked over to the IFC Mall to meet with my other friend’s parents and the friend that I met earlier on to have dinner at a Chinese restaurant called Cuisine Cuisine. It was pretty ill lit inside but you can tell the place has a very nice design and it was designed by the famous architectural firm Hirsch Bedner. The pictures I took weren’t too good as the place was very dark, and you can see more pics at www.hbadesign.com and look for the restaurant.


Well back to the food, again since we were eating with other guest, I didn’t want to keep on taking pictures, so I took pictures of what I had on my plate occasionally. I did eat more than what is shown in the pictures though.
We had Truffle Prawns
Sharks Fin Soup
Abalone
Steamed Fish
Bamboo shoot wrapped over carrots
Roast Chicken
Dried Scallop Fried Rice

And dessert was a bunny shaped mango desert and sticky rice coated red beans.
And sweet peanut paste soup with rice-cake balls filled with black sesame paste. 




They mainly serve Dim Sum for lunch and they served regular dishes for dinner.
We ordered Har Gao (Shrimp Dumpling) with Bird’s Nest
Vegetarian Spring Rolls with Taro Root and Mushrooms
Spring Onion Balls
Char Siu Bao (Pork Buns)
Steamed Sticky Rice with Chicken
Pan Fried Cheung Fun (Rice Noodles)
Steamed Radish Cake
And Siu Mai with Sharks Fin 






After Lunch I had to rush to meet my old tutor over at a Starbucks in Central at 2pm. I took the number 1 Bus there which is right around the corner. I used to take this bus with my grandmother all the time when I was in Primary school. She would pick me up sometimes.

It’s funny how I don’t ever go to Starbucks in the US and I’m going to one here in HK. I ordered a Iced-Chocolate and we sat there will about 4pm.

Then I met up with my old friend and another friend’s younger brother at a Chinese cafĂ© nearby and they had (I was sort of still full from lunch)
Ham & Egg Sandwich
Hot Milk Tea
And Macau Style Pork Sandwich


After we were done, we took the tram (notice I’ve been on all sorts of public transportation) to the Wan Chai Computer Center nearby so I could help my dad buy a 250GB portable hard drive and a 4GB memory stick for his camera.

After that, I parted with my friend for now and my parents picked me up in a taxi and we went to Central again to look at cell phones. However they were not able to decided on one, so I spent the rest of the time looking at Dior Homme at Landmark.


Then we walked over to the IFC Mall to meet with my other friend’s parents and the friend that I met earlier on to have dinner at a Chinese restaurant called Cuisine Cuisine. It was pretty ill lit inside but you can tell the place has a very nice design and it was designed by the famous architectural firm Hirsch Bedner. The pictures I took weren’t too good as the place was very dark, and you can see more pics at www.hbadesign.com and look for the restaurant.


Well back to the food, again since we were eating with other guest, I didn’t want to keep on taking pictures, so I took pictures of what I had on my plate occasionally. I did eat more than what is shown in the pictures though.
We had Truffle Prawns
Sharks Fin Soup
Abalone
Steamed Fish
Bamboo shoot wrapped over carrots
Roast Chicken
Dried Scallop Fried Rice
And dessert was a bunny shaped mango desert and sticky rice coated red beans.
And sweet peanut paste soup with rice-cake balls filled with black sesame paste. 


No comments:
Post a Comment