I woke up in the morning and felt quite lazy. I didn’t quite feel like going out at all, the weather was finally nice. Probably the first day that was sunny since I have been here, hope the weekend will be just as nice. 

I had my hair colored and decided that it will be great if I just learn all the Japanese characters as it would be the first step to learning Japanese and therefore let communication be a little less miserable. I walked to the nearby store to buy a blank book with blocked grids so I could practice writing.

While I was out I went to pick up a bento box for lunch. I saw boxes of edamame and decided to buy a box since they were only 100 yen!! I went home and studied and now I remember 9 of the hiragana characters! Hopefully I can learn all of them soon.

Ok, then at night we took the train to Shinjuku and wandered around the streets aimlessly. There was this street that had many restaurants on it and we walked around and had no idea where to go as there were easily over 100 restaurants there. We came across a sushi place and in front, I saw a magazine article in Chinese and it mentioned that it was one of the best and less expensive sushi place in town.
Their specialty was Toro. It was about 1,400 yen per piece. We were so hungry that I forgot to take pictures of the place or the food, but Toro was GREAT~

After that we wandered around more and I came across a JDM Sylvia (a.k.a. 240SX in US) and took a pic.


Then we came across a Subaru dealership!!! Though it was almost 9pm, the lights were half off and there were no people inside, when I walked close to the automatic door, it opened, so I went in and quickly grabbed a Legacy STi brochure and snapped a couple pics.


We then walked to the Park Hyatt and then saw a BMW dealership, then we went home again. Too bad we didn’t do any research on what’s available in Shinjuku, so next time we will come prepared so that we don’t waste our time there.




I had my hair colored and decided that it will be great if I just learn all the Japanese characters as it would be the first step to learning Japanese and therefore let communication be a little less miserable. I walked to the nearby store to buy a blank book with blocked grids so I could practice writing.


While I was out I went to pick up a bento box for lunch. I saw boxes of edamame and decided to buy a box since they were only 100 yen!! I went home and studied and now I remember 9 of the hiragana characters! Hopefully I can learn all of them soon.

Ok, then at night we took the train to Shinjuku and wandered around the streets aimlessly. There was this street that had many restaurants on it and we walked around and had no idea where to go as there were easily over 100 restaurants there. We came across a sushi place and in front, I saw a magazine article in Chinese and it mentioned that it was one of the best and less expensive sushi place in town.
Their specialty was Toro. It was about 1,400 yen per piece. We were so hungry that I forgot to take pictures of the place or the food, but Toro was GREAT~

After that we wandered around more and I came across a JDM Sylvia (a.k.a. 240SX in US) and took a pic.



Then we came across a Subaru dealership!!! Though it was almost 9pm, the lights were half off and there were no people inside, when I walked close to the automatic door, it opened, so I went in and quickly grabbed a Legacy STi brochure and snapped a couple pics.


We then walked to the Park Hyatt and then saw a BMW dealership, then we went home again. Too bad we didn’t do any research on what’s available in Shinjuku, so next time we will come prepared so that we don’t waste our time there.



No comments:
Post a Comment