Friday, October 12, 2007

32nd day - shopping shopping shopping

Today was the last weekday before I leave Japan and I had to complete my shopping and also get stuff for everyone. So this is the route that I took today:

Home -> Harajuku -> Shinjuku -> Shibuya -> Home -> Kawasaki -> Home

So let me explain to you what I did… First I left home and went to Harajuku first to pick up a few things like T-shirts for my friends at the UT shop and phone straps on the street. Then I was hungry by the time I was done so I went to have lunch at the Wolfgang Puck Express. The lunch menu was simple so I ordered the lunch special:
As usual – Iced Lemon Tea
Salad
Ham and Tomato Penny Pasta
Then I left Harajuku and went to Isetan in Shinjuku to buy a bunch of snacks and cookies. While I was at the Morozoff counter, I bought 2 little cups of Japanese egg custard. Then I went to back to Royce in Shibuya to get a few more items. While I was there, I remembered the 1st day of the event, there were many people standing in line at this stand so today since there wasn’t much of one, I went over to get some. It turned out to be very similar to the Japanese egg custard that I got from Morozoff at Isetan in Shinjuku but I think they made it with fresh milk and they only have a limited supply of 1,000 bottles a day. No wonder there was such a long line. It was also packaged nicely in a milk-bottle shaped container.
…and added it to my collection of “Results of shopping”.
At night we went over to the Lazona Plaza at Kawasaki again so I could buy my little toy car solar turntable. For dinner, it took us a long time again to decide what we wanted, and we finally settled on this all-you-can-eat Japanese restaurant. For 2,480 yen, you have 2 hours time and you get unlimited food and drinks (excluding alcoholic beverages) which wasn’t a bad deal. The coolest part was that the plate you use to get your food has 9 little sections, so you can get 9 types of different food and not have them all mixed up when your plate is full. They do serve quite a few traditional Japanese items including desert, along with westernized items. They had things like pizza, fish & chips, ground beef steak, fried chicken, Japanese fish cake in soup, Japanese flavored spaghetti, potato salad, spring rolls, fried rice, mushrooms, Japanese jelly and Japanese yogurt just to name a few. Overall the food was very good and interesting. Nicest part again is the plate. Excellent idea.

No comments: