In the morning I decided not to waste time so I woke up earlier than normal. I wanted to go back to Akihabara to look at Evangelion toys and watches. I ate the Crunchy Sweet Toast I got from Muji before I left. 
I took the train to the Kawasaki Station and then transferred onto the Keihin-Tohoku Line towards Tokyo and Omiya. 
I arrived at the Akihabara station 25 minutes later and took the Electric Town Exit. It was much better in the morning as you can actually see things and the shops are actually still open. Many of the side streets and building ground floors are lined with over at least 100s of small electronic shops which sells anything from headphone adapters to hidden surveillance cameras. 

It was a pretty concentrated area and I decided to venture up a few of the buildings to see what was there. This building had many small and big toy stores, but many of them didn’t allow picture taking, so I wasn’t able to snap a good shot of them.

I did see a 4-foot tall Evangelion 01 Test Type model in one of the stores that were closed. 


After walking around for a while, I decided that it was time to eat. For some reason I was craving ramen again, so I found a ramen shop near the station and decided to give it a try. It was a pretty cool little place with mainly bar-type seating.
I ordered a regular ramen (I guess that’s what they call it??) since I wasn’t really able to read the all Japanese menu. The noodles were thicker than the other places, but as expected, it was still very good. 

After eating, I strolled around the streets a little more, and after cross-checking prices at different places, I went ahead to this toy store called Azo Bit City to buy my Evangelion 01 Test Type figure. This is the new version which appeared in the new movie I saw with the new green colored designs. 
I also bought a couple Evangelion T-shirts since I didn’t think that they would be available in the US and they were made in Japan also!!!
Before I went home, I checked out a couple of these toy stores which sold many old transformers and dolls that people collect. I came across the Transformer that I remembered having as a kid. It was probably one of the first Transformers I have ever had. Probably at least 20 years ago. Though I don’t have it anymore, I still remembered that one of its arms were broken.
The store was selling if for an astonishing 31,290 yen which is about $300 USD… I wish I still had it…
Then I went home to join my friend and his floor mates to Pizza from Pizza Hut. It actually tasted pretty good, despite the fact that it didn’t have a lot of tomato sauce that was perfectly fine with me.

I took the train to the Kawasaki Station and then transferred onto the Keihin-Tohoku Line towards Tokyo and Omiya. 
I arrived at the Akihabara station 25 minutes later and took the Electric Town Exit. It was much better in the morning as you can actually see things and the shops are actually still open. Many of the side streets and building ground floors are lined with over at least 100s of small electronic shops which sells anything from headphone adapters to hidden surveillance cameras. 

It was a pretty concentrated area and I decided to venture up a few of the buildings to see what was there. This building had many small and big toy stores, but many of them didn’t allow picture taking, so I wasn’t able to snap a good shot of them.
I did see a 4-foot tall Evangelion 01 Test Type model in one of the stores that were closed. 


After walking around for a while, I decided that it was time to eat. For some reason I was craving ramen again, so I found a ramen shop near the station and decided to give it a try. It was a pretty cool little place with mainly bar-type seating.
I ordered a regular ramen (I guess that’s what they call it??) since I wasn’t really able to read the all Japanese menu. The noodles were thicker than the other places, but as expected, it was still very good. 

After eating, I strolled around the streets a little more, and after cross-checking prices at different places, I went ahead to this toy store called Azo Bit City to buy my Evangelion 01 Test Type figure. This is the new version which appeared in the new movie I saw with the new green colored designs. 
I also bought a couple Evangelion T-shirts since I didn’t think that they would be available in the US and they were made in Japan also!!!
Before I went home, I checked out a couple of these toy stores which sold many old transformers and dolls that people collect. I came across the Transformer that I remembered having as a kid. It was probably one of the first Transformers I have ever had. Probably at least 20 years ago. Though I don’t have it anymore, I still remembered that one of its arms were broken.
The store was selling if for an astonishing 31,290 yen which is about $300 USD… I wish I still had it…
Then I went home to join my friend and his floor mates to Pizza from Pizza Hut. It actually tasted pretty good, despite the fact that it didn’t have a lot of tomato sauce that was perfectly fine with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment