Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 7 - Harajuku Shopping

In the afternoon (yes, I slept till noon…) I went to Harajuku where all the small shops on the side streets were. This time I actually spent time walking through the small narrow streets to see if there were any hidden gems.
Although I didn’t find anything on the side streets, on the main street I came across the MOMA (Museum Of Modern Art) Store on the 3rd floor of the Bvlgari building. Very nice store with a lot of random expensive and artistic stuff like $100 bottle openers.
It was time to eat and there was actually a Bvlgari Café in that building, but I decided that since I wasn’t a fan of the brand, I’d rather try something else.
So I went up to the 4th floor and tried out a place called Smoke Bar & Grill. It was a nice day but it was quite windy on the 4th floor so I opted to sit inside.
I ordered Orange Juice (fresh!!!)
Smoke’s Egg Benedict
The egg benedict was pretty good and as long as it was hot, the bread they used underneath was still crunchy enough to cut through without much mess.
After eating I continued my walk through the streets of Harajuku, and spent some time looking at the different buildings.
Before I left I went to the Paul Smith Store to buy some stuff.
At night my friend and I went to this Japanese Restaurant in Shibuya. He said it was very crowded the last time he was here and there was a 1 hour wait.
So since we didn’t have to wait this time, we decided to see what the hype was all about. It seemed to be more of those places where you order drinks along with a couple appetizers.
We weren’t that hungry, so we just ordered:
Udon noodle with Black Pork
Yura Local Chicken with salt made by burning seaweed of “Setouchi”

No comments: